11.06.2009

California Weekend

After 12 hours in the car, we finally made it. We followed the trusted GPS to get us here, and boy was that an adventure.

We've learned in the past to never question Ms. GyPSie, since we've gotten ourselves lost by straying from her very calculated route. So this time, we made sure to follow her exact directions. Well, GyPSie got us here, but only after taking us off the most obvious freeway choices and right through about 4 different townships.

Ever hear of a city called Adelante? Yeah, neither had I until GyPSie took us straight through the armpit of it. Forty seven miles of desert and trailer parks. You think Barstow is bad? No no no. Adelante has beat out every other city as being the butt hole of California. I've checked Adelante off my list of places where I would NEVER live.

However, Santa Clarita wasn't half bad. It reminded me a lot of Carmichael and Fair Oaks. Though it's still a bit far from the ocean for my liking, I could see myself settling down there.

Nah, I'm still holding out for San Diego or Santa Barbara proper.

No comments: