4.07.2009

1 Year in the Making


Birthday Girl-
About a month ago, you turned 1 year old. To celebrate, we had a big luau at the church. All of our friends and family came to play with you that day! Even your Hawaiian auntie and cousins flew in for the big event!

There was so much yummy food to eat like kalua pig and chicken long rice. There were also some fun activities like a bouncy house and a piñata. We even had a little program in which cousins and auntie danced and sang. Cousin Seyna was amazing!!!


Less amazing was Mommy's attempt at hula. The best part, though, was when Daddy had to get on stage and "dance" Tahitian. He was REALLY embarrassed but was such a good sport about it all!

As a special treat, Chris B. made you a birthday cake. It was a tiny, Lolli sized carrot cake complete with fondant flowers. You sat in your birthday throne, digging into the cake with two hands! Surprisingly, you didn't get that messy! You're so dainty!


When it was finally time to bring the party to an end and go home, it took about 5 trips to the car just to load up all the presents you got. You had TONS and TONS of gifts! You sure are one loved little girl!!!

In your first year alone, you've already brought great joy to those around you. Your beautiful, bright eyes and silly Sponge Bob smile make it impossible not to delight in your company.

I look forward to all the years ahead of us and an eternity full of joy, delight, and laughter.
I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

xoxo
Mommy

4 comments:

Kaylee said...

That looks like it was an awesome party! I wish I was there ;D There will be a lot of pressure for Birthday #2 to top this!

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

That was THE funnest one year old birthday party I've ever been to. You are now required to make me all of that delicious food again and again! And just so everyone who reads this knows,...CALI CAN HULU! I was so impressed with your booty-popotamus skills! Nice.

Tutu said...

I remember singing that song to my sweet little girl.

Nancy said...

What a happy party that was! Happy one year to Lalea!