2.12.2009

Fashionistas Anonymous


I'm pissed that I discovered Jane. No, not Mary Jane. More like, Givenchy Jane. Not as disinhibiting as marijuana, but just as addicting and expensive! Before Jane, I associated fashion with all the fad labels such as Coach, Prada, Kate Spade, Chanel. Then, I was enlightened. My proverbial closet door was opened to a whole new array of designers, and for that, I am forever indebted to Jane.

Jane is a 17 year shoe addict and daughter of a former fashion insider. Jane's blog, Sea of Shoes, is devoted to the trends of the runway. I'm not talking the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show broadcast every year on prime time or the latest catalog from Abercrombie and Fitch. No, this girl is fully invested. Balenciaga, Dries Van Norten, and of course Givenchy are all common names in her suburban household. Jane doesn't follow fashion. She is fashion.

Jane and her mother spend every waking moment and every dime they have on decking themselves out in Margiela's and YSL (that's Yves Saint Laurent for those of you who have yet to be enlightened.) But the best part about Jane's obsession is that if she can't find or afford the labels she loves, she just assembles the looks from thrifted pieces.

For a poor soul like me, stuggling just to make ends meet, it's exciting to know that I can create a look from Vogue by sifting through the rejects at DI. So really, it's not who you wear, but how you wear it. But for the sake of this post, let's pretend that I do have the ducats to throw down on some designer duds. Below are a few of my favorite Jane finds and ensembles. I hope your heart skips a beat like mine did when I first laid eyes on these glimpses of heaven!!! Enjoy!

Patent Leather Givenchy Wedges SS07




Studded Burberry F07




Maison Margiela Cut-out Boot














Hysteric Glamour Jeans
Sheer Zara Top
Rugby RL Military Jacket
Demeulemeester Boots, W08










Proportion of Blu Jeans
Hanes Tank
Alaia Gladiator Sandals




Thirfted 70s Silk Leopard Top
Stella McCartney Vest
Nudie Jeans
Prada Heels

1 comment: