1.13.2009

2008 Favorites

The other night, I caught some of the Golden Globe Awards. It got me thinking of the movies I enjoyed this past year and what my picks would have been. I then thought back to a post that my dear ol' Shavs threw up on her blog about her favorites and least favorites of 2008. With both of these thoughts in hand, I thought I'd create my own list. (I guess I should have created this list a while ago, since we're already 2 weeks in to the new year. Oh well. I'm doing it now.)

Favorite moments of 2008
  • The birth of Lālea
  • Graduating
  • Spending the day at Glorietta Beach in Coronado
  • Eating dim sum in Vegas
  • The Deer Valley weekend
  • Watching Sopranos while eating bread and butter
  • Dancing hula for a ward activity
  • Watching Ryan play rugby






Not-So-Hot Moments of 2008
  • Quitting school and work to go on bed rest
  • Weekly visits to triage
  • Moku, poo blasting his cage and getting it all over the carpet
  • The boys' attempts at building hydrogen fuel cells
  • Trading in the 916 area code for the 801
  • Thinking we might have to move in to my mom's
  • Trying to get a hip hop routine together for a ward activity
  • The Comp4x4 shopping cart breaking down
  • Family DRAMA
  • Sarah Palin
Disappointments of 2008
  • Twilight movie
  • Mitt Romney dropping out of the race
  • Scarlett Johansson's album, Anywhere I Lay my Head
  • Releasing Britney Spears from treatment
  • Emergency bailouts
  • The ignorance of Prop 8 supporters



Greatest Movies from 2008
  • Dark Knight
  • Be Kind, Rewind
  • The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
  • Sweeny Todd
  • The Fall



Best Songs of 2008

  • No Air - Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown
  • Kiss Kiss - Chris Brown
  • Paper Planes - MIA
  • New Soul - Yael Naim
  • Disturbia - Rhianna
  • Sensual Seduction - Snoop Dogg

Best Reads of 2008
(not necessarily books that were published in 2008, but those that I happened to read in 2008)
  • The Last of the Menu Girls - Denise Chavez
  • Pillar's of the Earth - Ken Follett
  • Night - Elie Wiesel
  • Caramelo - Sandra Cisneros
  • Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyers
  • Index to English, Eighth Edition - Ebbitt & Ebbitt




There you have it. In my opinion, some of the greatest and not so great moments of 2008. What were some of your bests and worsts???

3 comments:

Victoria Elder said...

I really like this idea!!!!! I laughed about half of this cause it was true for me too! How fun it makes me wanna make my own little list! I just finished Breaking Dawn today, I LOVED it, tho it dragged on for me! Now I need a new book trying to decide so many decisions!

katherine said...

I'm so glad you liked Pillars. It's one of my favorites!

Marcistar said...

This is such a fun idea Cal! I love it! I kind of want to do a favorite list for myself!!!