8.01.2012

USA! USA!

You guys,

I.

LOVE.

THE SUMMER OLYMPICS!!!

I mean, I freakin' LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE the summer Olympics. Like, I would marry it if I could.

Right now on my DVR, I have nearly 50 hours recorded of Olympic coverage...and that's after I've already watched and erased about another 40 hours of it. If they gave medals for Olympics spectating, I'd have the gold.

It doesn't even matter what sports are being broadcasted. I love watching it all. Volleyball? Of course. Track and field? Duh. Swimming and water polo?? Umm, guys in speedos, hello!! But Badminton, handball, and shooting? I WATCH IT ALL.

No matter what event I'm watching, during the broadcast I become a professional commentator and an expert on the sport. I've never cared about archery and fencing so much in my life!!!

But of course, my all time favorite Olympic event to follow is gymnastics. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Wayne Young is my uncle.

Who's Wayne Young????



Oh, only the captain of the 1976  U.S. Olympic gymnastic team in Montreal and inductee to the USA Gymnastics Hall of Fame.

Still don't know who he is? Well, how about his son Guard Young?



Yup. He helped the U.S. men's team win the silver medal at the 2004 Athens games. No big deal.

So you see? My love for the Olympics was predestined. One of these years, I WILL attend the games. Perhaps not as a competing athlete as being incredibly good-looking and incredibly obnoxious have yet to be events included in the games. But dang it! As soon as they are, you'd better believe I'll be standing on that podium, saluting our flag and singing along with our national anthem!!!

USA! USA!

1 comment:

Gnetch said...

I'm so jealous of all of you who get to watch the Olympics because over here, it's either I'm at work or my mom is watching soaps.

My life sucks.