8.22.2012

Dear Food, I miss you!

Winds of change are passing through this household. 

The whole lot of us are getting pretty soggy around the middle. Even Moku Bear, our Shih tzu. Seriously. He's a chubb-o. No dog has any business being as fat as he is...especially a lap dog.

And since Ry turned 30, his metabolism has slowed down...a lot. Remember that new custom tailored suit he had made for graduation? Yeah, well, he had to let the pants out. 

The only reason I'm allowed to call Ry out on it  is because as you know, I'm not the skinniest minny myself. I'm sitting in the boat right next to him.

Though I embrace my curves and am generally uber confident when it comes to self-image, I just haven't been feeling healthy as of late. Therefore, we've all started new diet plans...including Moku. 

We're only one week into our new regimen and I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit weary. My body isn't used to functioning on so few calories. Though, I've been assured that after a few days I'll start feeling more energized. In the meantime, I'm starving!!! Somebody get me some freakin' nachos!!


Ugh. I don't know why this was a good idea. I like eating too much. Heaven help us. 

4 comments:

Katy said...

Don't worry dear... once you start seeing those results, it will get SOOOO much easier. I promise. Just stick with it!

Ah the big 3-0 and the metabolism drop. My co-worker keeps on warning me about that and I'm scared!

Gnetch said...

So that's why I can't button all my jeans anymore! My metabolism has slowed down because I'm old!

Maybe you can give in to cravings once a week? I don't know. I've been trying to cut down on junk foods and sweets lately as well (by lately, I mean yesterday) to avoid having to buy new pairs of jeans!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, that food looks so good. I think I'm drooling right now.

I'm not "technically" on a diet, but S.D. and I have been trying to eat better which is really difficult when you are stressed out and totally craving all those foods that are bad for you.

Anonymous said...

Umm... can I have some of those nachos?