2.19.2012

Jake and The Neverland Privates

This morning before church, I was giving Lollers a bath. It was time to soap down. This was the ensuing conversation.

Me: "Ok, I need to wash your privates."

Lollers: "But I have a wiener like Daddy."

Me: "Ummmm, what?"

Lollers: "A wiener."

"Whhhyyyy???"

"Just for pretend."

"But whhhhyyyy?!"

"Because I want my name to be Jake, and Jake is a boy."

"But you're a girl."

"But Jake is a boy."

"But your name is Lalea, and you're a girl."

"I like Jake better."

"Too bad. You're name is Lalea, you're a girl, and you don't talk about wieners."

Gone are the days of walking around the house naked and free. I think Lollers is a little too aware of what's going on. Dang.


3 comments:

Shauna said...

you sure shes not going to tell you she was born in the wrong sex body when shes 20 and go on a talk show about it?HAHAHA im obviously kidding.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

Hahaha! Kids say the darnest things. So cute.

T-licious D-zire and C-hillins said...

You wouldn't even let her pretend?? You're no fun! lol