5.20.2012

Herpetology

So we've been in Las Vegas all weekend. We came down so Ry Guy could attend this Wine and Canvas event where you recreate famous paintings. The painting Ry was recreating was The Great Wave Off Kanagawa by Katsushika Hokusai.
Original
Ry said he doesn't like the way his painting turned out but I think it's wonderful...especially for his first time working with acrylics.


Am I right?????? I think my favorite part of his painting is his Mt Fuji in the background. I love the way that turned out.

ANYWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSSS...


It was on this trip that we were driving through town to a Fillipino restaurant and were switching freeways via the spaghetti bowl. Off to the side of the freeway convergence, there was this big, huge turtle statue/decoration thingy...huge, like GIGANTIC!!!


I was really surprised to see such a ginormous reptile along the side of the road, and in the middle of my excitement I exclaimed, "Woah! Lolli! Look at that big ass turtle!!"

About two hours later, we were driving home from the restaurant, Ry and I carrying on a conversation in the front seat, minding our own business. Out of nowhere we hear Lolli's little nasally voice pipe up from the back saying, "Mama, I wanna see the big ass turtle!"

As immature and inappropriate as we are, Ry and I lost it. We were laughing hysterically, which only made Lolli more adamant in asking to see the big ass turtle. Ryan was crying, I was choking, and Lolli just kept on swearing.

Yes, we're horrible parents. We know.



3 comments:

Gnetch said...

But that was cute! Haha! You should have taken a picture of the big ass turtle.

And yes, the drawing is painting looks amazing!

And what Filipino food did you eat?

silverneurotic said...

I'd have died laughing. Just thinking about it makes me laugh! And damn, I wanna go see the big ass turtle!

Gina Driggers said...

I really like that painting. The first time I saw it on Facebook I almost reloaded the page because I was surprised Ryan made some art, let alone one that's good.
Also, we've been making Kelley say "oh fork!" and "fork you" because....well..... You see where this is going