So, Ry actually graduated from UVU this past December. However, since there's not a commencement ceremony in December, Ry had to wait until the spring to walk. Since Ry and I are the only ones in our families to graduate college, it's a pretty big deal.
When I graduated, I had just had a baby and felt like a beached whale. I wasn't about to prance across a stage, looking like a heffer, in front of hundereds of people. So, I actuallyopted out of walking. I totally regret it now, though, and made it known to Ry that he'd better walk at his commencement.
Well, Ry procrastinated ordering his cap and gown, so he broke the news to me that he wouldn't be walking. I wasn't too happy with him, to say the least. But, two days before commencement, he had contacted someone at the school and found out that they bring extra gowns and stuff just for people like him who didn't order one. So, $50 dollars later, Ry had himself newly rented graduation regalia! But because he waited last minute to walk, we didn't have any time to send out invitations or to prepare a party. My original plan was to So, I quickly had to throw together a couple of things. Behold...my creativity!!!
Not gonna lie. I'm pretty proud of myself. Seriously. I am NOT crafty whatsoever. That's probably why it did take me 3 whole hours to make that thing! But he was definitely the bell of the ball with that lei. Sure it wasn't the 17 fresh flower leis that I had envisioned preparing for him, but it was still as impressive!
When Ry graduates with his MBA, I'll have to do the fresh flower leis. I should probably start planning his graduation celebration right now so we'll have ample time to get things in together. I'll need to plan the parade. Book a marching band. Call in some midget contortionists. Order 3 tons of confetti. Anyone know where I can find an ice sculpture in the shape of a Jeep?
Thanks to everyone for all your support!
2 comments:
Congratulations Roy!
Congrats! That is so awesome!
Post a Comment